Monday, January 24, 2011

Felt Flower

A couple weeks ago I saw a tutorial on Holidash for a Mother's Day Corsage: Felt Flower Brooch, and thought it was a pretty clever idea, so I gave it a shot.



I ended up straying a bit from the tutorial. Instead of fabric glue, I used a glue gun. Originally I started out with Liquid Stitch and Fabric Stretch glue, but neither would hold. As you can also see in the second picture, I also used less petals then in the tutorial. The biggest, and intentional difference, is that I made my flower into a hair clip rather then a brooch (nothing shocking, just a change in hardware).


In the end, the flower came out pretty good looking, but a little rough around the edges. I'm sure that when I repeat this it'll come out looking cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment